There's Not Enough Hours In The Day



When you're a 'kid' you hear your parents and teachers and other adults say it but I don't think you ever really understand until you 'grow up' and experience it. In university, sure, I complained that there was never enough time to do my school work and still have a life but that more just me not wanting to do the work and whining. (Hey, I'm big enough to admit it!) Even when I just had Arora and I was going to school or when I was working last spring and summer it was always just about me, or her, wanting to do one more thing, go one more place, before we had to go to work or go to school. This last year with both the kids and staying at home I know that I used the excuse that "I ran out of time," or that "time sure flew!" but I never really complained that there wasn't enough time to do all of the things that I needed to do for the day. I always had tomorrow to do them and except for the rare times during the past year the kids and I never really had any appointments or scheduled outings that we had to work other things around.

Now, going back to work and having to juggle just spending time with my babies, doing chores and seeing my husband for more than just a hello or goodbye while on the way out the door.... Now I know what people mean when they say that there's never enough hours in the day. Some days it's harder than others, sure, but even on the smooth and easy days, it's still hard. Obie and I haven't made the job any easier either with twisting our schedules around each other so that we don't have to get a babysitter every day - he's working 5am to 1:30pm, gets home by 2pm most days and for now, I start work at 3pm and get home most nights around 11pm. My schedule, crossing my fingers, will be changed to part time hours by mid next week and so I won't be starting until after 4 or 4:30 each day but still...

I guess I should stop whining about it and just deal, but I've been spoiled with my time off this last year and for now any way I think that makes it even a bit harder. I'm sure I'll get used to it and I'll be happy for my six hours escape 5 days a week, but right now, I miss fighting with Arora to get her to eat her
dinner and bathing Zack. I miss putting them to bed every night and getting kisses and cuddles from my princess and making by little man giggle like crazy when I tickle him at bed time. I miss going to bed with my husband and discussing our days and talking about the kids. I miss being mommy. And that's hard... and for right now anyway, it really hurts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quickie!

The Value of Keeping Your Promise

Our Newest Treasure