Clawing my Way out of Lurkdom

I've been so... bored with most of what I've been finding on the net for the last month or so that I actually didn't mind not being able to access the net for almost a week. It was like a vacation from my vices and while I've been back online, connected, and without any more kinks for 4days now, it's only to reassure those people who have noticed my absence and have e-mailed me to make sure that I was still alive that I'm writing.

Yes, I am still here. I'm still cruising through sites. Reading a variety of blogs and other online boards, fan fiction sites, news and gossip pages, random factoid websites and a never ending list of other possible distractions and nothing that is really intriguing. It is sad, isn't it, when most of us devote countless minutes or hours each day to the net and very often get little satisfaction from the process. It's hard too during these dry spells to justify the time we're spending online when even as we do it, we know that there are likely better things to occupy ourselves with.

So having a week or so to be able to use the computer and do some writing or to organize some digital pictures, and not have the distraction of the internet at my fingertips was nice. Obviously, I'm not going to go so far as to disconnect my net or cancel my service but this little vacation has been a relief. Very nice. And while I may not be very active online or make my presence known everyday, I won't be forcing myself into exile anytime soon, so it is most probable that I'm lurking in the shadows, just waiting for something to catch my eye and demand my attention...

Till next time! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quickie!

The Value of Keeping Your Promise

The Death of an Appliance