A New Year and New Changes

It's 2008. That in itself is a change. The whole rolling over from 2007 to 2008 and remembering to put the right year on things. Sometimes it's a big deal. We had a New Year's Party this year at our house, it's something we haven't done before (for just our friends and stuff, not for our family) and we had a good time. For the week or so before that things at our house were a little touch and go for all of us and I have to be really honest and admit that if it weren't for Chessenda staying with us, my children probably wouldn't have survived that week. Three days in bed and a week without food, or even water really, does a number on a person.

Again, in all honesty it had crossed my mind about the 22nd (of December) that I might be pregnant. But it wasn't something that I wanted to have to deal with, with everything else that was going on. Christmas, Jen and Ed being home, the New Year's party.... Of course ignoring it ended up being probably the worst thing I could have done. And even now, a full month later, on medication (at double the normally prescribed dose, I'd like to add) I'm still sick. I can eat now, thank God!, and I can keep fluids down, as long as neither is in large quantities at once but under it all there is still the constant ache of nasuea. The ever-enduring, always occuring, rolling of the stomach.

Sure I was sick with Rora for two weeks, maybe three; I was sick with Zack mildly for a month or so and than pretty bad for about 10days or so but this is different. With both of them as soon as I got medication and started taking it, within 24 hours or at most 48 hours, I was fine again. I could eat anything, I could drink what I wanted (and I don't mean alcohol or anything like that, cause I'd never do that) but once I took those magic little white pills with the picture of the pregnant lady on them, I really was fine. Now here I am, like I said, 5 WEEKS later and I still have to lay down after I eat to keep food down. I can't drink more than 8oz of water (or juice, tea, or whatever) in an hour without getting sick. I am tired all of the time (way more than with any of the other pregnancies even when I got down to 8 month point and was so tired but unable to sleep because I was too uncomfortable to lay down for more than a couple hours at a time.) And seriously, I'm talking tired to the degree of going to bed at 8:30-9 each night and sleeping for 12 hours straight and even then still being tired but having to get up because of Zack and Zona.

I have, finally, gotten to the point where I'm getting excited about being pregnant again - not for the being pregnant part cause serious, I would be happy to forgo that part all together, but I am starting to get excited about having another baby. It's going to be hard. Oh, who am I kidding? It's going to be Hell for a long time. Chaos. Absolute insanity. But it'll be fun too. Of course there's the fact that I've told Obie that this is the last one, there will be no more children begat by me after this one. And can you believe that he was more than happy to agree?? At this point, after what we've gone through these past 6 weeks, I wasn't surprised. Maybe he'll think to change his mind later on. Maybe I will. But I really don't think we will. I really hope not. Maybe I should print out this peice and save it for a reminder of why we are happy to have this be the last.... It's an idea anyway.

But yeah so thats the biggest change that'll be coming this year. Or at least I hope that'll be the biggest change. Of course it means that we're going to have to get a new vehicle. Can you say, "Hello, minivan?" Yep. And I'm sure if you've ever attempted to put three car seats into the back seat of a car you will understand why. It doesn't work. And considering that a normal sized person can't even shove their behind between the two car seats already present in the back seat of my car, I'm not even going to push my luck. So I'll be selling my car within the next couple months (by the end of April, mid-May at the latest) and getting a minivan about the same time. Gives me a couple months to get used to the new car before the baby comes (the due date of which is August 2, and yes Obie's happy since that's his birthday). Rory will also be moving into her own room. And apparently we have to paint it pink. She wants a pink room. And a bed that doesn't make too much noise. (Trust me, don't ask.) We're turning the TV room into the kids play room too. So yeah, lots of changes this year. Cool thing though - our kids will have been born in 2004, 2006, and 2008! I think that's cool.

Comments

Dallas said…
OMG! WOW! Congrats! That's so cool! Sorry to hear about the being real sick part, but in the end it is worth it! Isn't it??? hee hee... tell Obie I said congrats too!

Popular posts from this blog

A Quickie!

Our Newest Treasure

An Updated Cast of Family Characters