These Lazy Dayz

It's just that time of year again. At least for me. I can look around and see things that I should be doing; washing dishes, folding clothes, getting the oil in the car changed... I can also think of a lot of things that need to be done in the near future; getting the car fixed, detailed and ready to sell, buying a new bed for Arora and one for Zack, getting a new change table since the old one is (sorta) broken... But then I'll look out the window and everything is just grey and blah. Somedays it's even worse and yes, I'll admit, that somedays the sun does shine and it's almost tolerable to go outside - today is one of those days actually. But it's still BLAH!

For some reason February has always been like that for me. Somedays it's as cold and miserable as any winter day could possibly be and others it's almost spring like. We sit around for these 28, or 29, days on a cusp of time that is both winter and spring, and yet somehow, is neither. So I look around myself and see all of those things that I should be doing, or the things that I know need to be done soon, and just can't find the energy, I lack a better way of describing the feeling, to do them.

I'm not really hibernating for winter but I don't yet have the bouncing life of spring, I'm sort of in between. I suppose one way of explaining it would be to compare it to those moments each morning when you're neither sleeping nor fully awake. It's like you're slowly working your way into consciousness and at same time there is that part of you that just wants to roll over and go back to sleep. Sometimes you can hear what's going on around you, and if you're at all like me some times you even respond in conversation, but later you can't remember if it was a dream or reality.

That's February for me. Lazy, hazy days that are neither here nor there, and in a month won't even be remembered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quickie!

The Value of Keeping Your Promise

The Death of an Appliance