calm? Calm? CALM?!?

That's right, it's August 6. I'm still at home and I'm still waiting to have this baby. For all my grumbling and whining about wanting to JUST HAVE THE BABY ALREADY! I am trying to be calm about the whole situation, I mean stress can't be good for the baby right?

You know, I get the whole "the baby will come when it's ready" thing but seriously if another person says that to me I don't think I should have to be held responsible for my actions. ;) It's one thing to understand it and it's another thing, completely, to have be told that 15 times a day by friends and family, or by complete strangers. To me, and I'm sure that most any woman who's pregnancy has extended beyond it's due date whether by a day or two weeks would agree, that it's far nicer to hear somebody say "I'm sure this must be difficult for you, but you hold on, it has to happen soon." And trust me, I know that to most people a couple days doesn't seem like the end of the world, but to someone who hasn't felt entirely comfortable in their own body for MONTHS - someone who can barely reach their own feet or, Heaven forbid, actually be able to see their own feet without bending over, those extra days are the most exquisite torture... Because by that point you don't care how bad labor is going to hurt, you just want your baby out.

Now I'm sure you're all thinking "well that doesn't seem all that calm, now does it" but trust me, it's probably as calm as it gets. For the last month, one or the other of my kids has been sent off to stay with someone in the family - in the last 5 weeks I think Zona has been at home for 10 days and Zack has basically been gone for two weeks, he was back for the weekend for Obie's birthday but now they are BOTH gone again. I just don't think that I could handle them together by myself these days, at least not fairly because my patience is too short and my temper far to quick to ignite. I don't want to fight with them, or be angry with them over basically nothing if I don't have to. Fortunately both of Obie's sisters have been EXTREMELY good about taking and keeping the kids for Obie and I. I'm sure we would have managed somehow if they couldn't have taken them, we would have had too, but I am really thankful that his sisters wanted to take the kids and that they could. I also know that both of my kids have had tons of fun getting to stay at Auntie B's and getting to 'work' with Auntie C.

But anyways, I do have a doctors appointment today and I suppose we'll see whats going to happen after that. For now I should go try to do something "productive." LOL! TTYL. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quickie!

Our Newest Treasure

An Updated Cast of Family Characters