I cleaned the entire upstairs of my house yesterday, going through toys and clothes and everything while I went. Now I've got the toys separated: stuffed animals, Legos, trucks (and other assorted boy toys) and all other toys. 4 bins. Beyond those I filled a big garbage bag with other stuffed animals, big, small and medium. I filled another bin with toys that are for small babies. Soft toys, chew toys. Those kind of things. And last but not least, I filled a big box with toys that I'm giving away, with fond hopes that I will NEVER see them again. Yes, it was an industrious day. You should have seen Obie's face when he got home and came upstairs and you could see the living room without it's ever growing carpet of forgotten toys. It really was priceless . At least to me. He even knew I was doing it too. I'd called him when his older sister called to say she was coming down for the weekend, which meant I absolutely had to clean it. I'd never live it do...
We’ve always tried to instill a love of a physically active life style in our kids. Whether it was bike rides in the neighborhood, swimming lessons, hiking in the mountains, gymnastics, football, or simply walking to the library instead of walking – we’ve tried to make sure that they are being active, trying new things, and having fun. Because, honestly, it sort of drives us crazy (as parents) when all the kids do is sit on their butts playing Minecraft or other video games, or watching TV or movies. And let’s be frank, the more I focus on my writing career and blogging gigs the worse I’m being as an example of what they should be doing to stay active – because I’m constantly reading a book (hardcopy or on a digital device), working on my iPad or iPhone, or sitting in front of my computer writing. Which is why I push for sports and physical literacy programs. And is why Heli-Dad (even though he loves going for hikes and bike rides with the kids on th...
OH A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! She was Piglet at 5 months. A devil the next year. Last year Arora was a 'Butterfly Princess Fairy' (she couldn't narrow it down to just one), and this year we settled on being a witch. The decision making bit for the costume, of course, was that it had bright pink in it. But mommy (obviously that's me) was able to find a pair of tights and a sweater in the same shade of bright pink, so on the whole the Witch was a winner!!! Being only three weeks old last year on Halloween Zack didn't actually dress up. In a sense he was just 'a new-born' and we didn't actually take him around at all. This year though we (and I suppose that should really just be 'I') wanted his costume to be something really cute, but cool too. When I was shopping in Calgary a couple weeks ago I was able to find the PERFECT costume, at Old Navy of all places, and though mom and I worried that it might be a bit too big, we were wrong, it ...
Comments