Glad NOT To Be In The Tropics???

It's been three years since I've been on a real 'honest-to-goodnees', leave-the-country/province vacation, vacation. So when my parents told me they were going to the tropics again this February (and that they were taking Meagz with them) I was so jealous. Not just because it's been that long since I've really had a break, but because it's February in Alberta. [And if you don't know why that might be an issue for me, I'd suggest you look in an Almanac for historical average temperatures in the area.] I don't like the cold. I like snow, I think it's pretty and all, but I really don't like the cold. I like rain, probably the only reason that it didn't drive me crazy when I lived on the coast, but I really, really don't like the cold. So yeah, the tropics would be a lovely escape this time of year and you wouldn't be mistaken to say that I was green with envy.

That was of course 'till I heard from Meagz a couple days ago with tales about how the trip was going so far. I didn't get full details because really it was just a short email and a few FB updates but the heat is far more intense then I'd like (more than she's liking too), the bugs a bit too prevalent, lizards and other gross "little" things too, and the main floor of the resort they are staying on keeps flooding... And their rooms are on the main floor.

Yep, me not so envious now. :)

They are having a good time though, which I'm sure not much could dampen, and I can't wait to hear more about it. Just couldn't wait to say that while I've enjoyed all my previous trips to more appealing clime's in the past and despite my unappealing coloring a week ago, I'm actually GLAD NOT to be in the tropics this February... well, at least not where my parents and Meagz are at!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Treasure

A Quickie!

An Updated Cast of Family Characters