It seems like not too very long ago I was talking about how excited I was that Jen and Ed were coming home for Easter and then I told you all about some of the highlights of that very holiday weekend. It was also about that same time that I was talking about how Obie and I were looking at new van's for our (then) expanding family.

It's therefore hard for me to believe that it was actually a year ago.

But it has been... We've had our van for a whole year now (yep the free satellite radio just expired so we've got another cash cow to feed) and that Easter visit from the family is now turned around and we're expecting the encore. That's right, Jen and Ed are coming home for the holiday weekend again and once again, I'm very excited to see them.

This time we're having a girls night out on Friday. Us three Sisters and a couple 'select' friends are going to listen to music from our youths (you know NKOTB and other 90's groups) and then we're going take our adventures to the neighborhood pub and see if we could possible make as much trouble, for ourselves, now as we did in when we were in University. Of course Meag and Amy have the advantage on us since they're still at that point in their lives but I'm sure the rest of us will give them a run for their money.... I think it'll be the first time in nearly two years that I've gone out with 'the girls' and had it been something more then just a play date.

After that, of course, there will be the usual family gatherings, egg hunts (and boy my kids are already looking forward to that) and big family dinner. Fortunately I don't have to cook anything (maybe a side dish or dessert?) so that alone means this will be an easy weekend. I will try to post up some fun details from the weekend and hopefully put up some pictures too but I've been pretty busy these days - between the kids (all of which are actively mobile), Zona's school and dance, my writing and now a new part-time job I'm constantly running in circles but I'll try to make the effort as quick as I can.

Now I'll bet you're asking yourself "Job? What new part-time job?" and while I can't go into specific details because my work does deal with confidential and sensitive information I can say that it's for an organization that makes (or will be making) environmentally friendly fuels and 'Green' food-grade products. The hours are actually quite minimal at this point (only 10-15h per month) but within the next 9-12months the position does offer the possibility to expand that to full time and with the kids at the ages they are, that actually is a situation that should work wonderfully for me.

So that's today in my world. Or I guess it'd be more accurate to say that's up-to-today in my world. I'll be talking to you again soon, or I should be... I'll try to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Treasure

A Quickie!

An Updated Cast of Family Characters