Back to School... Find Family Time

For most of the summer I continued to get up with Heli Dad in the mornings, simply to see him for a few minutes before he left for work for the day. Then I decided that if I only had a couple weeks left of summer holidays with the kids - aka: a couple weeks before I'd have to start getting the kids up and motivated in the mornings for school, I would spend them sleeping in. You know, mom sleeping in until 8:30 or 9am. 


This week with back to school (check out the Corner Table Kids hamming it up for their first day of school picture) I've slowly managed to get myself back to getting up before Heli Dad leaves for work, if only to give him a hug and kiss goodbye. Which he appreciates and it's something I've come to realize is really important too - because honestly somedays that hug and kiss is one of only a couple intimate moments we have throughout the day. We've only finished the first week of school but already I can see that there are days that I'm going to be gone, off with the kids for their after extra-curricular activities. 


Speaking of which - so far this year we've got football (already well underway), volleyball (which started the first day of school) and soccer (which doesn't start until the first of October). Guess how many days of the week these kids (and me by extension of being their driver/cheerleader) are on the go? 6! Six days of the week we will be on the go. Which will mean a lot of running around from one end of the city to another, a lot of late dinners, and a lot less family time. 

And if someone disturbs my Sunday's - we've always called Sunday our 'family day', now it really will be... Well let's just say that no one better disturb us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Treasure

The Value of Keeping Your Promise

A Quickie!