The Look on His Face

I cleaned the entire upstairs of my house yesterday, going through toys and clothes and everything while I went. Now I've got the toys separated: stuffed animals, Legos, trucks (and other assorted boy toys) and all other toys. 4 bins. Beyond those I filled a big garbage bag with other stuffed animals, big, small and medium. I filled another bin with toys that are for small babies. Soft toys, chew toys. Those kind of things. And last but not least, I filled a big box with toys that I'm giving away, with fond hopes that I will NEVER see them again.

Yes, it was an industrious day.

You should have seen Obie's face when he got home and came upstairs and you could see the living room without it's ever growing carpet of forgotten toys. It really was priceless. At least to me. He even knew I was doing it too. I'd called him when his older sister called to say she was coming down for the weekend, which meant I absolutely had to clean it. I'd never live it down if at least that much of the house wasn't clean enough for company.

So now we have room to play and everything is organized (once again) so that it fits into containers easily and can be cleaned up quickly and efficiently each night. I sat Arora down this morning and had a very firm, very strict talk with her and told her that each night it was her 'job' to make sure that all of the toys get put away.... I suppose we'll see how it goes. I can only hope that she'll take up some of the responsibility because I also cleaned the bathroom yesterday, and let me tell you, doing that is almost all I can handle. I have no idea how I ever worked as a maid in a hotel but I can assure you I'll never hold such a position again. *shudder* I really, really hope, anyway! *shudder and starts to consider praying ;)*


Of course, for months we've been blaming Arora for the messes of toys. Today, watching my son, I realize that I've been doing her an injustice because seriously... It's HIM. Should have known it was the 'man.' But now with the bins, and thank God they have lids, we should be able to keep him from having a complete hay-day with the toys. Honestly crossing my fingers on that.

Comments

The Johnston's said…
ha ha ha....that' what kids do best... make a mess! Boys are definately dirtier than girls. I do the walk/through clean-up once a week...other than that I usually just use my feet and sweep toys aside to have at least a walk-way through the boys room! Can you believe I use to clean up after them every day!! I learned my lesson that's for sure. At least Aidan and Xander help clean up now too...that's always a glorious stage...until they old enough to know better right?! Good job!
Dallas said…
I give you so much credit Lacey! I've been "thinking" about going through the girls toys again, but that's about as far as it's gotten. I always feel as though it's such a waste of my time to pick up all those toys when just a few minutes after they're usually spread all over again... ugh. Even with Madde being almost 6, I find I'm constantly on her about cleaning up, and I end up doing it after anyhow.. :( good job!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Treasure

The Value of Keeping Your Promise

A Quickie!